I have a friend getting married soon who asked me to put together a list of the all-inclusive resorts that I would recommend in and around the Cancun area for her upcoming honeymoon. I have listed these in no particular order and have chosen each of them for different reasons. However, all of them would provide the romance and ambiance that any good honeymoon requires. Plus, these resorts will also go out of their way to make newly married couples feel special by providing extra perks and recognition on their vacation. Now all you have to do is determine which one of these fabulous resorts is perfect for you and your sweetie!
Before reviewing the resorts, I also think that it is helpful to provide some of the top reasons why I think an all-inclusive resort vacation in Cancun is a great honeymoon choice, in general:
1. For most, Cancun is a short, cheap flight from the U.S. So, instead of spending your first full day as a married couple traveling to your destination, you can be at your resort and celebrating married bliss in a few hours!
2. The service and hospitality in Cancun is second to none. At the resorts that I have recommended, you will meet some of the nicest people who will be dedicated to taking care of you and making your stay as comfortable as possible.
3. I can almost guarantee that if you choose any of these resorts, you will be traveling to one of the most beautiful places you have ever visited. The ocean, landscaping, architecture, and weather, nearly any time of the year, is simply amazing.
Here are my top five resorts for your consideration:
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya – Located near Playa Del Carmen, this resort has made a name for itself since jumping on the scene in 2008. Known for its award-winning cuisine, this luxury all-inclusive is sure to please! Although Grand Velas isn’t an adult-only resort, they do have a section just for those 16 years old and over. If you’re traveling for your honeymoon, I would suggest booking your room in the Grand Class section (Top floors provide best views and vaulted ceilings!). The spa at Grand Velas has won many awards for its design and services, so this is something else that should not be missed.
- Excellence Playa Mujeres – Located outside of the Cancun hotel zone, Excellence Playas Mujeres is a short 30 minute ride from the airport. If you book EMP, I would suggest booking an oceanfront, rooftop terrace Excellence Club room. The special perks and added attention given to those in the Excellence Club is worth the expense – especially on this once in a lifetime trip! I highly recommend the spa and the water treatment that you are offered prior to your selected service. Nightly entertainment is also plentiful at this resort with a different show every night in their large, open-air, seated theater.
- Le Blanc – Looking for a somewhere to relax and unwind after your big day? If so, Le Blanc is your resort. Not only is it simple, clean and beautiful (It is on an amazing stretch of the beach in Cancun!), but the service here is unparalleled. The staff at this resort are amazing and will literally anticipate your every need. The spa on property is worth the trip and the hotel’s location is within walking distance to Coco Bongo, if you’re interested. If not, retreat to your room where your personal butler will have your bath drawn and room service will only be a call away 24 hours a day. I love Le Blanc and I know you will too!
- Rosewood Mayakoba – Okay, okay…..I know that Rosewood Mayakoba isn’t a true all-inclusive, but a new reservation feature helps it come close! You now have the option of three meal packages while making your reservation. (No drinks – except juice and coffee – are included. Blackout dates apply.) While it will cost you extra, this additional feature allows you to eat to your heart’s desire at this one-of-a-kind resort. Rosewood Mayakoba is known to be one of the finest resorts in the Riviera Maya and is truly unique. One of its most memorable features is the boat that ferries you to your room after check-in. Awesome!
- Viceroy Riviera Maya – Here’s another resort that doesn’t advertise itself as strictly as an all-inclusive, but does give you that option if you are interested – which I love! This resort has more of a rustic setting that consists of a number of individual villas. I’ve learned that the oceanfront villas don’t provide you with as much privacy as some of the villas located further into the jungle, so I would suggest a premium villa for a honeymoon (non-oceanview or oceanfront) which comes with your own personal, heated private plunge pool and hammock. Add in the Mayan Indulgence package and you’re all set!